Search News Posts
This report is an objective assessment of the various developments in extremism / terrorist group dynamics in Malaysia over the last 24 months, to bring transparency and an explanation for the current terror concerns. Through the analysis of information gathered directly from in-country sources as well as through extensive open source research, we have addressed the following key points:
1. Operational presence and support base of ISIS in Malaysia
2. Growth of ISIS in the region
3. Counter-terrorism initiatives from the Malaysian government and their effectiveness
4. The potential for organic growth of ISIS in Malaysia in the near term
5. The risk of spill over and regionalisation of Islamic extremism into other neighbouring SE Asian nations
Download the full report here.